The Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment offers a series of programs and partnership opportunities to help business, industries and communities grow an innovative, sustainable and competitive Ontario economy:
The Eastern Ontario Development Fund and the Communities in Transition initiative are helping build regional and local development capacity and helping address economic challenges facing specific communities and sectors across Ontario.
Find out more about these programs and how your company or community can partner with the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment to grow and compete.
- Eastern Ontario Development Fund - A grant program to attract investment and support job creation in eastern Ontario through support for capital spending, skills development, infrastructure needs and other similar economic development initiatives.
- Southwestern Ontario Development Fund - A program which supports regional economic development by creating jobs, attracting private sector investment and promoting innovation, collaboration and cluster development in Southwestern Ontario.
- Communities in Transition
Initiative - A program that provides assistance to Ontario
communities and industry sectors facing economic development
challenges including plant closures, significant job losses
and industry-wide restructuring.
- Energy Connections - Energy Connections supports long-term partnerships for Ontario manufacturers and suppliers across the range of Canada’s energy supply chains.
Program resources for small and medium-sized business at your fingertips:
- Ontario Business Program Guide - A resource for Ontario government programs for small and medium-sized businesses. Check out these program and services links to find out how small and medium sized firms can save time and money.
Other related programs to help Ontario companies innovate and grow: